To patients of Birch Dental:
This will not mean “business as usual” and there will be several changes and policies adopted to ensure the safety of our patients, clinicians, and staff. We want to ensure we do not undo all the hard work everyone has done to flatten the curve. We will be taking a cautious and stepwise approach to reopening the office and we ask for your patience as we prioritize urgent and time sensitive treatments. If you have spoken with the on-call dentist, we will be contacting you to schedule a tele-dental assessment followed by an in person visit if needed.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have instated additional protocols. To help keep everyone safe, we ask that everyone adhere to the following:
- To begin, we will be strictly enforcing social distancing measures. Appointment start and end times will be staggered with breaks in between visits and limited access to the waiting rooms.
- Please arrive on-time for your visits, should you be early, please wait outside of the building. This will ensure fewer people in our common areas.
- All patients will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the practice and after each visit.
- All patients will be screened by phone 24-48 hours prior to your appointment by either a staff member or clinician prior to confirming your live appointment. Please do not come to the clinic unless we have confirmed that you have a live appointment.
- With the specific recommendation from Canada’s chief public health officer, we ask that you wear a face mask when you come to the clinic. For more information about non-medical masks and face coverings, please visit this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/about-non-medical-masks-face-coverings.html.
- Please attend your appointment alone unless you require assistance or if you are the guardian of a minor who is receiving treatment. We ask that only one parent or guardian attend if possible.
- All magazines and toys will be removed from the common areas.
- Contactless payments only. No cash or cheque payments will be accepted until further notice.
- If you are sick, have been travelling, or have come into direct contact with someone who has been ill please do not come for your appointment. Appointments will be cancelled at time of visit if any patient exhibits sign of illness or fever. Your temperature will be taken upon entering the clinic. Staff temperatures will also be checked daily.
- Our staff will all be wearing full personal protective equipment so please be prepared that everyone will look a bit different. Reception staff will also be assisting you from behind transparent barriers.
- Enhanced disinfection procedures of treatment rooms and reception and common areas have been adopted.
- Transparent plastic screens have been placed in strategic areas throughout the office to limit the spread of aerosols and to prevent air flow from treatment areas to reception and other common areas.
- We have placed air purifying filters in the office to help circulate the air through a surgical grade filtration system as well as a UV light to help eliminate any pathogens which could be present in the air. We will also leave time between appointments to allow the air in the operatory to circulate between patients.
- To maintain social distancing rules, we will be operating with decreased front end/back end staff. We appreciate your patience.
- You will be asked to perform a pre-procedural oral rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution to limit exposure to pathogens.
- We understand that some people may not feel comfortable coming to the office and thus will be offering tele-dentistry appointments as a first option to determine if it is necessary for you to attend a live visit. This will act as a screening process for live visits.
We want to sincerely thank all of you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time and continue to request your patience as we navigate this new normal together. We understand these are difficult times with a lot of unknowns. Please be rest assured that the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority and we will take every possible precaution to ensure your protection. We look forward to seeing you all again and wish you and your families all the best.
Please be safe and stay healthy.